I was tagged by the lovely Madeleine at This Glorious Life in the 20 Facts About me tag.
It’s quite a simple premise, 20 facts about me that I haven’t shared yet! Easy if you don’t have a habit of sharing anything and everything about yourself like I do.
Like the case of mistaken identity I covered in my latest post here. Or the guest post I wrote for the BIBs Best Writer 2016 Absolutely Prabulous, for her guest post series the #OopsFiles
So after much thinking I’ve managed to come up with 20 Unknown Facts About Me!
- As a teenager my front teeth enabled me to do a pretty good Mr Ed impression. My mother got me a retainer to straighten them out. It was easier to eat with it out, on a school trip to Scotland we climbed Ben Nevis and stopped for sandwiches at the summit. I left my retainer in a tissue at the top! Sorry if you came across it! My mother wasn’t best pleased, it cost her a small fortune!
- I am entitled to dual citizenship, Irish and British. Thanks to my birth mother writing a completely different surname for herself on my birth certificate I cannot prove this. So, even though I live in Ireland and my children are Irish I travel on a British passport.
- I harboured dreams of being a male model when I was a teenager! Armani never called!
- I worked as a holiday rep in Ipsos, Cofu for a Summer. I could fill a months worth of posts on the shenanigans from that summer! One of the best would probably be the night I got stranded in Kavos after seeing Tony Hadley perform in a night club!
- I’ve had 3 failed (thankfully) suicide attempts.
- I hate talking on the phone. Ironic considering most of my working life was in Call Centers!
- I’ve met Sir Anthony Hopkins, Deborah Winger and Sir Richard Attenborough. Whilst a film extra on Shadowlands. I ended up on the cutting room floor!
- I’ve driven a Vauxhall Vectra around the high speed bowl at Millbrook Proving ground. This was on a press day whilst working for Daimler Chrysler Fleet Services.
- I once mistook Gary Moore for a criminal, thinking he was using a stolen Gold MasterCard! In my defence he was dressed scruffy and didn’t look like he could afford £400 on trainers.
- If I could live anywhere in the world it would be a small Welsh town by the sea. We had many a school trip to Wales as a child and I think that’s when I was happiest.
- I’m very clumsy. It amazes me I’ve not dropped any of the kids yet! I was forever breaking things as a child. Who am I kidding I’m still the same.
- I applied to join the paratroop regiment as a 19 year old. The recruiting officer, laughed and said if I jumped out of a plane I’d blow away. His advice to put on weight. Drink Guinness, eat fish and chips and don’t poo!!
- Over the years I’ve started about 4 blogs, this is the only one that has made it past 6 months!
- If I could run my own business it would be as a chef in a small café/restaurant. Probably in that small Welsh seaside town.
- I niavily believed that you could reason with Tiny Terrorists before I became a parent! Now I know that to succeed as a parent you have to be part dictator, part agony aunt, part psychologist and part Teddy Bear!
- I used to creep downstairs Christmas morning and play with my toys then sneak back to bed and wait to be called, I’d then act surprised when I saw all the toys. Not asked my Mother if she knew it was an act!
- I’ve been to the States about 15 times and have never been to Disney World!!
- If I could work with any brand in the world it would be Samsung. I love my technology but since kids can’t afford it.
- Since Buddy was born nearly 8 years ago I’ve not spent one night away from the kids.
- If I was given the chance to change anything from my past I wouldn’t change a thing. Strange maybe, as I was abandoned by my mother, in an Orphanage run by Nuns, adopted and lived with Mental Health issues. If I did though I wouldn’t have the kids who are my reason for getting up each day.
Phew that was harder than I thought. If they want to join in I tag:
Can’t wait to read to read yours.